When planning a trip to the United Republic of Tanzania, obtaining a Tanzanian Visa is essential. You have two options: getting a Visa on Arrival or applying for an e-Visa prior to arrival.
Visa on Arrival
If your visit is within two weeks, a Visa on Arrival is recommended, if allowed. To get one, you’ll need to complete a form and show your passport at the counter. Ensure your passport is valid for at least 6 months. Visa fees are $100 for US citizens and $50 for others.
Note: Visitors arriving in Kilimanjaro without a visa must follow these steps:
1. Queue for a Government Control Number
2. Queue to pay at the bank
3. Queue for Immigration to process the visa
For smoother travel, we highly recommend applying for a Tanzania visa online at www.immigration.go.tz if you have time. Visa on Arrival can take up to 2 hours.
The online visa process involves filling a form, making payment, and submitting it for review. You can track your application’s status online. Notifications about your visa’s status will be sent via email.
Apply for an eVisa only through the official Tanzania Immigration website: https://visa.immigration.go.tz/
When applying, provide accurate information and necessary documents:
– Passport-sized photo (jpeg/png, under 300KB)
– Passport (jpeg/png, under 300KB, valid for 6 months)
– Supporting documents (PDF, under 1MB)
– Your booking reference for accommodation, if booked through us
Processing takes around 15 days, so plan accordingly.
To enter Tanzania, you need:
- A negative COVID-19 certificate taken 72 hours before arrival.
- Yellow fever vaccination if traveling from a high-risk region or transiting 6+ hours in these areas. Check the list here: https://www.cdc.gov/yellowfever/maps/index.html
No Visa Required
Some citizens do not need a visa to enter Tanzania. Check if your country is on the list: https://eservices.immigration.go.tz/visa/guidelines
Remember, this information is based on current Tanzanian government details and may change. We’ll keep you updated, but feel free to contact us with any queries.